Slovenian gay venue vandalized
by Rex Wockner
Originally printed 7/8/2010 (Issue 1827 - Between The Lines News)
The gay/lesbian bar Cafe Open in Ljubljana, Slovenia, was vandalized twice in late June.
Local activists said a Molotov cocktail was placed at the entrance and that the building was defaced with graffiti, including "Death to faggots."
Activists said similar graffiti was found on the house of the judge in a case against three men who attacked the bar last year and were sentenced to 18 months in jail following hate-crime convictions.
In last year's incident, the attackers carried torches, threw rocks and shouted that gay people should be killed. They reportedly beat and burned gay activist Mitja Blazic, who required hospital attention as a result.
- AIDS/HIV Organizations
- National Minority AIDS Council
- Darrell's Firestone
- Oye Crepes
- Event Planners
- Suburban Party Rental
- National Organizations
- Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund
- Professional Organizations
- People of Diversity of DaimlerChrysler
- GLSEN National
- Tios Mexican Cafe
- Social/Community Organizations
- Black & White Men Together Detroit
- Fuller Life Water
Enter contests to win great prizes like CDs, DVDs, concert tickets and more
- Michfest Responds: We Have a Few Demands Of Our Own
- Q&A: Jennifer Hudson On Lesbian Rumors & Drag Queen Attitude: 'I Don't Care What You Think'
- LeAnn Rimes Q&A: 'Eddie & I Are A Gay Man's Wet Dream'
- Why Jason Mraz Won't Kiss & Tell: 'I've Spoken Up For The Things That Are Important To Me'
- Equality Michigan Stands With Allies: Seeking Full Inclusion
"The Ghosts in Our Machine" is a powerful 2013 feature documentary about animal rights, made accessible through the photos and personal journey of well-known international photographer Jo-Anne McArthur and lesbian filmmaker Liz Marshall.
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!