Arts & Entertainment
HARC to hold annual Dining for Dollars
Originally printed 5/13/2010 (Issue 1819 - Between The Lines News)
The HIV/AIDS Resource Center will hold its 15th annual Dining for Dollars fundraising dinner at Zingerman's Roadhouse in Ann Arbor at 7 p.m. May 19. The night of festivities will include food prepared by Chef Alex Young, a strolling raffle with a chance at various prizes, a silent auction and Dining for Dollars' famous homemade donut sundae bar.
HARC is a non-profit organization that provides a range of HIV prevention services, and is the only comprehensive AIDS service organization in a four-county service area that includes Washtenaw, Jackson, Lenawee and Livingston Counties. Their mission is to provide HIV related services to the community through compassionate direct care, prevention and outreach activities.
This year, sponsorship opportunities are available for local businesses that want to get involved and show their commitment to addressing HIV/AIDS in our community. as well as case management and support services for people living with HIV/AIDS.
During these challenging economic times, people living with HIV/AIDS rely on HARC to help them with medical care, treatment and housing. As one client wrote,
"Throughout my struggle with HIV, HARC has been more. They provided transportation to and from doctors, food and shelter ... and most of all a voice when my own could not be heard."
HARC's clients have loved ones and family members who depend on them. Events like Dining for Dollars raise funds to ensure that people with HIV/AIDS continue to get the medical care and housing services they need. This exclusive event is HARC's largest fundraiser and aims to raise money to support local HIV/AIDS prevention and care services. Event tickets are $100 per person or $75 for a group of four or more.
Tickets for Dining for Dollars may be purchased through HARC by visiting http://www.hivaidsresource.org, or by contacting Laura Zain at 734-572-9355.
- Michigan Same Sex Couples Demand Respect And Equal Treatment
- Judge Takes Up Ban On Domestic Partner Benefits
- Ultimate LGBT Wedding Expo A Smashing Success
- Couples Celebrate Love And Acceptance at LGBT Wedding and Anniversary Expo
- Graduating Gay: LGBT Spring Events at Local Universities
- Gay-Owned Espresso & Gelato Shop Finds Niche in Detroit
- Dine Out For Life April 24
- 2014 Good Neighbors = Strong Community Award Recipients Announced
- LGBT Caucus Seating Available At Upcoming MDP Dinner, Bill Clinton To Keynote
- ACLU Files Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- GALLERY: The Ultimate LGBT Wedding & Anniversary Expo Runway Show
- BREAKING: ACLU To File Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- Albion Students Demand Schuette Resign From College Board
- Equality Michigan Remembers Dr. Henry Messer, April 13
- Affirmations Celebrates 25 Years Of Service At Silver Jubilee
- Saginaw City To Vote On Ordinance
- VIDEO: Affirmations Silver Jubilee Presentation
- Suspect Sketch Released In Ypsi Anti-Gay Attack
- Prominent Detroit Minister 'Comes Out' As Ally
- 'Traditional Marriage' Not The Black Family Reality
- LETTER: One Pastor Comes Out For Marriage Equality