Arts & Entertainment
HARC to hold annual Dining for Dollars
Originally printed 5/13/2010 (Issue 1819 - Between The Lines News)
The HIV/AIDS Resource Center will hold its 15th annual Dining for Dollars fundraising dinner at Zingerman's Roadhouse in Ann Arbor at 7 p.m. May 19. The night of festivities will include food prepared by Chef Alex Young, a strolling raffle with a chance at various prizes, a silent auction and Dining for Dollars' famous homemade donut sundae bar.
HARC is a non-profit organization that provides a range of HIV prevention services, and is the only comprehensive AIDS service organization in a four-county service area that includes Washtenaw, Jackson, Lenawee and Livingston Counties. Their mission is to provide HIV related services to the community through compassionate direct care, prevention and outreach activities.
This year, sponsorship opportunities are available for local businesses that want to get involved and show their commitment to addressing HIV/AIDS in our community. as well as case management and support services for people living with HIV/AIDS.
During these challenging economic times, people living with HIV/AIDS rely on HARC to help them with medical care, treatment and housing. As one client wrote,
"Throughout my struggle with HIV, HARC has been more. They provided transportation to and from doctors, food and shelter ... and most of all a voice when my own could not be heard."
HARC's clients have loved ones and family members who depend on them. Events like Dining for Dollars raise funds to ensure that people with HIV/AIDS continue to get the medical care and housing services they need. This exclusive event is HARC's largest fundraiser and aims to raise money to support local HIV/AIDS prevention and care services. Event tickets are $100 per person or $75 for a group of four or more.
Tickets for Dining for Dollars may be purchased through HARC by visiting http://www.hivaidsresource.org, or by contacting Laura Zain at 734-572-9355.
- State Rep. Zemke Introduces Bill To Prohibit Conversion Therapy In Michigan
- Good News For LGBT Students At Michigan Universities
- HTJ Pride Picnic Preview
- HTJ Schedule: Warming Up Detroit
- Progressive Detroit Talks On The National Level: Netroots Closeup
- LGBTs Connect At Netroots Nation
- Michigan Healthcare Providers Discuss LGBT Focus Initiatives
- Mark Schauer Comes To Braun Court
- Hotter Than July Preview
- Immigration: Out Of The Shadows
- Choice: Closely Aligned
- Environment: Only Way To Win Is By Working Together
- Housing: 'We Are All In This Together'
- Labor: A Decades Long Partnership
- Two More Openly LGBT Candidates Announce MI Campaigns