Arts & Entertainment
New agency name to be announced via video conference
Originally printed 5/13/2010 (Issue 1819 - Between The Lines News)
The Triangle Foundation and Michigan Equality leadership are planning to host a live video conference at 11 a.m. May 13 to announce their merged agency's new name.
The two LGBT advocacy groups announced their merger in February, citing economic reasons and a desire to reinvent themselves as a community-focused, statewide effort. Following the announcement, town hall meetings were held to discuss the community's feelings about each organization's work and leadership. A survey was also made available, asking both for input on the focus of the new organization, as well as a vote for the new name.
According to Triangle Fund Development and Communications Director Heidi Lovy, the response was "overwhelmingly" in favor of one name over the other, although some survey-takers voted to stick with one of the old organization names - an option Triangle/Michigan Equality wouldn't consider in their effort to revamp their organization.
The May 13 video conference will also include announcements about the objectives of the new agency, and a chance for community members to ask questions live of the organization's leadership. Registration is not required, and questions can be submitted in advance to Heidi Lovy at email@example.com.
To participate in the live-streamed conference, go to http://www.ustream.tv/channel/triangle---michigan-equality.
- Judge Takes Up Ban On Domestic Partner Benefits
- Motor City Pride Line-Up Includes 'Glee' Star, Erasure's Andy Bell
- Helping Transgender Population Find Jobs
- MI AG, Lawyers Disagree Over Gay Marriage Appeal Path
- Detroit Fashion Designer DL Perrett Presents Neon Valley Streets Event
- Jim Toy Center To Honor Congressman Dingell
- Modern Works of Art for Sale This Weekend
- Hoadley To Seek LGBT Support At May 3 Detroit Fundraiser
- Inclusive Justice Conference Coming Up
- Couples Celebrate Love And Acceptance at LGBT Wedding and Anniversary Expo
- Michigan Same Sex Couples Demand Respect And Equal Treatment
- Judge Takes Up Ban On MI Domestic Partner Benefits
- Ultimate LGBT Wedding Expo A Smashing Success
- Graduating Gay: LGBT Spring Events at Local Universities
- Gay-Owned Espresso & Gelato Shop Finds Niche in Detroit
- Dine Out For Life April 24
- 2014 Good Neighbors = Strong Community Award Recipients Announced
- LGBT Caucus Seating Available At Upcoming MDP Dinner, Bill Clinton To Keynote
- ACLU Files Lawsuit: State Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- GALLERY: The Ultimate LGBT Wedding & Anniversary Expo Runway Show