New agency name to be announced via video conference
Originally printed 5/13/2010 (Issue 1819 - Between The Lines News)
The Triangle Foundation and Michigan Equality leadership are planning to host a live video conference at 11 a.m. May 13 to announce their merged agency's new name.
The two LGBT advocacy groups announced their merger in February, citing economic reasons and a desire to reinvent themselves as a community-focused, statewide effort. Following the announcement, town hall meetings were held to discuss the community's feelings about each organization's work and leadership. A survey was also made available, asking both for input on the focus of the new organization, as well as a vote for the new name.
According to Triangle Fund Development and Communications Director Heidi Lovy, the response was "overwhelmingly" in favor of one name over the other, although some survey-takers voted to stick with one of the old organization names - an option Triangle/Michigan Equality wouldn't consider in their effort to revamp their organization.
The May 13 video conference will also include announcements about the objectives of the new agency, and a chance for community members to ask questions live of the organization's leadership. Registration is not required, and questions can be submitted in advance to Heidi Lovy at email@example.com.
To participate in the live-streamed conference, go to http://www.ustream.tv/channel/triangle---michigan-equality.
- Equality Michigan and Connect2Protect Fundraise For Gender Neutral Bathrooms In Detroit
- New AIDS Partnership Michigan Coordinator To Tackle HIV, MSM Stigma For Detroit Agency
- Mich. Dems Push Elliott-Larsen Amendment In House And Senate
- Gays Against Gary Glenn
- AIDS Walk Locations
- MY Consent Day Empowers Michigan Youth, LGBT Survivors Of Assault
- Banquet Hall/Catering
- Laurel Manor
- Event Planners
- Ypsilanti Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Families and Parents
- PFLAG Detroit
- J & R Flooring
- AJ Leo Electric & Solar
- Heating & Cooling
- Condor Heating & Cooling
- Insurance Exchange
- Moving Companies
- Two Men And A Truck
- Pet Grooming
- Canine College
- Social/Community Organizations
Enter contests to win great prizes like CDs, DVDs, concert tickets and more
- Michfest Responds: We Have a Few Demands Of Our Own
- Q&A: Jennifer Hudson On Lesbian Rumors & Drag Queen Attitude: 'I Don't Care What You Think'
- LeAnn Rimes Q&A: 'Eddie & I Are A Gay Man's Wet Dream'
- Why Jason Mraz Won't Kiss & Tell: 'I've Spoken Up For The Things That Are Important To Me'
- Equality Michigan Stands With Allies: Seeking Full Inclusion
"The Ghosts in Our Machine" is a powerful 2013 feature documentary about animal rights, made accessible through the photos and personal journey of well-known international photographer Jo-Anne McArthur and lesbian filmmaker Liz Marshall.
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!