Electra Lites to leave Detroit
Originally printed 7/16/2009 (Issue 1729 - Between The Lines News)
Metro Detroit's drag scene will bid farewell to one of its shining stars at 9 p.m. July 24 at the Royal Oak store Five15 Media, Mojo and More.
Electra Lites will be saying goodbye to her Detroit home to embark on a new path. Community members and fans are invited to say goodbye to Electra in a very fitting way: a drag show. The show will include performances by special guests Genevieve Jacobs, Ce Ce Daniels and a host of other surprises guests as they say goodbye to one of the city's premiere drag queen stars.
Electra Lite's has galvanized the metro Detroit drag scene and was the driving force behind Divas at the Majestic, a series of drag show events held at the Majestic Theater in Detroit. Most recently, the event brought famous transsexual Amanda Lepore to Detroit to perform with Electra Lites and other.
Electra has also guest hosted Drag Queen Bingo at Five15, where she was a staple of their entertainment schedule.
The July 24 event is free and open to the public. Beverages, snacks and pizza will be available for purchase at the store.
- Ann Arbor Animal Hospital
- Ann Arbor Cat Clinic
- Humane Society of Huron Valley
- Washtenaw Veterinary Hospital
- Visitors Bureau
- Ypsilanti Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Women's Health
- Planned Parenthood Mid and South Michigan
- Men's Yoga
- Youth Services
- Neutral Zone
- The Corner Health Center - Young Adult Health Center
- Ozone House Youth and Family Services
Enter contests to win great prizes like CDs, DVDs, concert tickets and more
- Feds Give Spring Arbor University Permission To Discriminate Against LGBT Community
- Q&A: Panic! Frontman Talks Westboro Protest: 'It Was Pathetic'
- Michfest Responds: We Have a Few Demands Of Our Own
- Q&A: Jennifer Hudson On Lesbian Rumors & Drag Queen Attitude: 'I Don't Care What You Think'
- Viewpoint:Why Trans Exclusion At Michfest Must Finally End
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters today!
"The Ghosts in Our Machine" is a powerful 2013 feature documentary about animal rights, made accessible through the photos and personal journey of well-known international photographer Jo-Anne McArthur and lesbian filmmaker Liz Marshall.
This Week's Issue
Download or view this week's print issue today!